2015 Webinar Series
Double Containment Piping Systems
A Fail-safe, Leak-proof and Environmentally Friendly Solution
Original air date: March 25, 2015
Earn Continuing Education Credits: This one-hour contact program provides 0.1 CEU or 1.0 PDH.
This one-hour webinar will discuss design guidelines and best practices for double containment piping systems. Topics covered include applications, material selection, system design, and leak detection methods. Learning objectives include:
- Understanding the EPA regulations behind double containment piping
- Understanding the purpose of double containment piping systems
- Understanding the system design requirement differences for the carrier and containment piping
- Understanding the different leak detection options
- Applications (traditional and non-traditional)
The Presenter: Darin Johnson, P.Eng
Darin Johnson is an Applications Engineer at IPEX. Darin’s primary focus, within IPEX, is providing technical support for the design and installation of plumbing and process piping systems. Darin received his bachelor’s degree in Biochemical Engineering from Western University in 2007. Darin is a licensed professional engineer in Ontario. Since joining IPEX, Darin has provided technical expertise for piping systems in plumbing, municipal, and industrial sectors. Darin has over 7 years of experience in thermoplastic piping system design, installation, and applications.