AYP LEADERSHIP ACADEMY: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
In today’s professional engineering world, it is not enough to be technically excellent. To truly stand out, it requires a combination of technical skills AND business “soft” skills. To be good at hard skills usually takes smarts and formal education. Soft skills such as self-management, leadership, communication and networking are usually learned through a lot of trial and error on the job – sometimes at the detriment of your career. Wouldn’t you love to short cut that process? Questions? Call or email AYP at email@example.com or 224-217-9016.
This interactive full-day session will strengthen each attendee with:
- Presentation skills - lead effective meetings and win project interviews
- Tools for effective public speaking - prepare for speaking at conferences and events
- Managing the intricacies of networking and meal etiquette
- Key leadership skills to grow personally
- Ways to develop (and maintain) strong, enduring relationships in your profession
- Identify personal and professional goals and seek a mentor
- Effectively manage people and tricky business situations
- How emotional intelligence can improve and strengthen business (and personal) relationships!
The Presenter: Deirdre Gilmore, CPSM
Deirdre Gilmore is a Certified Professional Services Marketer who has spent the past 16 years focused on the AEC community. She has worked for small niche firms, as well as three of the top ENR companies. She earned her Bachelors degree in English Literature from Sonoma State University. Deirdre specializes in business and marketing planning, training and coaching key staff on business development activities, assisting in strategic project pursuits as well as supporting those firms through the implementation of the tactics needed for success. She is the past President of the Arizona Chapter of the Society for Marketing Professional Services and serves on the board of the Arizona Association of Economic Development. Deirdre is the Sergeant that keeps your firm moving through the battlefield. She spoke at the WOA Conference at the 2016 Convention & Expo in Phoenix, AZ.