ASPE Executive Director/CEO to leave the Society
Earlier this week, ASPE Executive Director/CEO Jim Kendzel, MPH, CAE, submitted his resignation to the Board of Directors, effective November 21, 2014. Jim has been with ASPE for almost four years and has been a dynamic force in helping the Society achieve an increased presence in the plumbing community on a global level, and the Board thanks him for his commitment and dedication to ASPE. For more information, see this memo issued by ASPE President Mitch Clemente, CPD.
2014 ASPE Convention and Exposition achieves record-breaking success
Thousands of plumbing industry professionals participated in ASPE’s 50th Anniversary celebration in Chicago, making the 2014 ASPE Convention and Exposition the most well-attended Society event ever. Make your plans now to join us in Phoenix on October 29-November 2, 2016 to help ASPE embark on our next 50 years of leadership in the plumbing engineering community. To view pictures from the 2014 ASPE Convention and Exposition, go to aspe.smugmug.com.
ASPE announces the Society’s 2014-2016 Board of Directors
At the 2014 ASPE Business Meeting on September 21, Chapter delegates elected the following individuals to serve for the 2014-2016 term:
- President: Mitch Clemente, CPD
- Vice President, Technical: Scott Steindler, CPD, GPD, LEED AP BD+C, ARCSA AP, GGP
- Vice President, Membership: Kelvin Kennedy, CPD, GPD, CD, FASPE
- Vice President, Education: David DeBord, CPD, GPD, LEED AP BD+C, ARCSA AP, CFPS, FASPE
- Vice President, Legislative: Carol Johnson, CPD, LEED AP, CFI
- Vice President, Affiliate: Vincent Scriboni
- Treasurer: Chris Graham, CPD, FASPE
- Region 1 Director: Rui Paul Silvestre
- Region 2 Director: Keith Bush, CPD, CSI
- Region 3 Director: James Zebrowski, PE, CPD, FASPE
- Region 4 Director: Donald Strickland, CPD, GPD
- Region 5 Director: Bryan Hutton
15 ASPE members inducted into the Kenneth Wentink College of Fellows
During ASPE’s biennial Banquet on September 23, the following individuals became ASPE Fellows, a prestigious honor that recognizes their continued commitment to advancing the Society and the profession:
- David Anelli, FASPE
- David DeBord, CPD, GPD, LEED AP BD+C, ARCSA AP, CFPS, FASPE
- Vivian Enriquez, CPD, FASPE
- Joseph Ficek, CPD, GPD, FASPE
- Michael Frankel, FASPE
- Chris Graham, CPD, FASPE
- David Lewis, CPD, FASPE
- Kelvin Kennedy, CPD, GPD, CD, FASPE
- Khosrow Saum Nourmohammadi, Ph.D, PE, CPD, LEED AP, FASPE
- Joseph Messina, CPD, FASPE
- Richard Molina, FASPE
- Carmen Sorvillo, CPD, FASPE
- James Vertz, CET, FASPE
- Anthony Wasch, FASPE
- Diane Wingard, CPD, FASPE
ASPE recognizes members for outstanding achievements and service
During the 2014 ASPE Convention and Exposition, the following awards were bestowed to recognize the recipients’ long-term dedication to the Society and its membership:
- J. Joe Scott II, CPD, LEED AP, FASPE, received the George W. Runkle Award for his dedication and inspired service to the advancement of the ideals and goals of the Society.
- David Dexter, FNSPE, FASPE, CPD, CPI, LEED AP BD+C, received the Distinguished Service Award for his tireless work on ASPE’s behalf at both the chapter and national level.
- Jeffrey Ingertson, CPD, FASPE, received the Donald Dickerson Founders Award for his lifetime achievements, dedication, and promotion of the Society, its mission, and the profession.
- Brian Henry and Michael Moffat received Peter Warshaw Awards for their service and support on behalf of the Society’s membership.
- ASPE Awards of Merit were presented to Cyril Unger, CPD, FASPE, Haig Demergian, PE, CPD, FASPE, and Stephen Howe, PE.
- ASPE Special Awards of Achievement were presented to Steve Ziga, CPD, SET, CFPS, Ethan Grossman, PE, CPD, LEED AP, Cory Powers, Carol Johnson, CPD, LEED AP, CFI, Daniel Marchand, Brian Salisbury, CPD, FASPE, Raymond Parham, PE, and Frank Sanchez, CPD, GPD.
- ASPE Special Certificates of Appreciation were presented to Sarah Balz, PE, CPD, LEED AP, Peter Kraut, PE, and Theresa Lyn Allen, PE, CPD, GPD, LEED AP.
Did you attend the 2014 ASPE Convention and Exposition? Tell us what you thought!
If you were one of the 4,000+ plumbing industry professionals at the 2014 ASPE Convention and Exposition in Chicago, we’d love to hear your comments to help us plan future events. Please take a few minutes to fill out our survey on the overall event at aspe.org/evaluation. To comment on a specific technical session or speaker, click here and then choose the name of the session. (Technical session presentations and CEU certificates will be sent to full Convention attendees soon.)