The certified in Plumbing Design (CPD) program is an international certification program for engineers and designers of plumbing systems. Completion of the CPD program and examination confers upon the successful candidate the designation Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD). The certification program provides the profession, the pluming industry, and the general public with a single, comprehensive qualification of professional competence for engineers and designers of plumbing systems.
The CPD, which is the only international credential program in the plumbing engineering field, sets the standards for leadership within the industry and provides formal recognition of outstanding professionals with advanced skills in the design and specification of plumbing systems.
ARE YOU A CPD?
Date: September 22
Registration Check in: September 22 12:00pm-12:20pm
Exam Hours: 12:30pm-4:00pm
Registration deadline: September 1, 2013
During the 2013 Technical Symposium in Orlando, FL, ASPE will be hosting the CPD examination for those that are interested in earning their CPD! This test will be in written format only.
The CPD designation is designed to:
- Establish specific standards for professional competence in the field
- Identify and recognize those individuals who successfully demonstrate their acquired knowledge and abilities
- Encourage plumbing engineers to participate in a continuing program of professional development
- Provide a standard for educational programs in plumbing engineering
- Enhance the status of plumbing engineering as a unique discipline
To be eligible to take the CPD examination, a candidate must possess:
- A minimum of four years of practical experience in a position of responsibility for the design of plumbing systems and possess a baccalaureate degree in a field related to engineering
- In lieu of an accredited degree, a candidate may substitute up to an additional four years of practical experience in the design of plumbing systems, for a total of eight years, or be granted a credit of one-half year of practical experience for each full year of education in an accredited curriculum related to plumbing engineering
CPD Examination Fees
|CPD Exam Only||Discount Fee|
|ASPE Members with P.E.||$300.00||$225.00
|Non Members with P.E.||$550.00||$413.00|
When you register for the CPD exam along with the Technical Symposium you will save 25% on exam fees!